Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Shake, Rattle and Roll!

Today we had a 5.4 magnitude earthquake. It was a nice shaker and I had the privilege of experiencing it with a bunch of strangers in Kohl's department store. I held on tightly to my babies and prayed until it was over. And, then I booked it to the car to get home. I am thankful for God's provision and how he kept us safe when this had the potential to be much worse. It did bring to memory a fun family story that I will share with out reserve and may get in trouble for sharing, but that's never stopped me before. It was years ago and we were all sleeping soundly when a small earthquake hit. My Dad came sliding across the floor screaming at the top of his lungs (for those who know my Dad that is not remotely typical of him, he is even keeled and calm a huge majority of the time.) But, apparently he was having a dream about "the Big One" when this little quake hit. Needless to say, it was the first time I ever saw my Dad in his underwear and I will venture to say it will be the last.

4 comments:

Diana said...

ha, ha, ha, ha... no wait... ha, ha, ha... Jake's here with me... oh... gasp, ha, ha, ha!
I'm a visual person Cyndi...
If you here a sudden outburst of laughter on Sunday, you'll know this went screaming back through my head... ha, ha!
(I wish you could REALLY laugh your butt OFF.)

carolyn said...

How could I ever forget that earthquake? It will be forever etched in my head and I will venture to say it will be the last time we will ever see dad that way again too!

Unknown said...

Cyndi, I guess you are sort of "getting back at dad" for all the stories he'd tell about you during his sermons. (ie: "That didn't hurt, spank me harder...")
I'm glad you and your babies were safe. I can imagine you being so brave. :)

Brock, Esther, Reagan and Samuel said...

okay...I laughed out loud at that!! Your dad is going to have "words" with you!
I'm glad you guys are safe, I was quite frightened too holding onto my two babies and praying at the same time as you!