Monday, July 14, 2008

Tantrums, Urgent Care & Vacation!

Scott said it right..."I knew vacation was not going to be what I thought it was when I was sitting on the balcony, with my coffee & a book and Buzz Lightyear came out of no where and knocked my coffee over." Needless to say we had envisioned our vacation quite differently than what the last two days have produced. Rachel started crying shortly after we arrived to our hotel. She fell asleep and seemed to be doing better and we thought well...we have a year pass to Sea World, lets go for the night shows. It was fun for about an hour until Nathan started to throw the mother of all tantrums because he couldn't get in the pool with the dolphins. Then, we lost one of his shoes so we couldn't take him on any rides which threw him into crazy child mode (you all know what I am talking about) and we had to leave. So we got back to the hotel and things started to mellow out a bit (the portable DVD player helped with that.) I thought things were all good but then Rachel started crying again (this isn't normal for her.) Sure enough she had a fever and it got worse through the night. Let's just say whoever was in the room next to us hates us! So, after more crying and the realization that we were not going to be going to the beach with a little sicky poo we bunkered down in the hotel for a while. After MORE crying I decided I had to get this little one to urgent care. Luckily there was one down the street. Sure enough, she has an ear infection and some funky stuff in her throat. Poor Baby! Anyways, we were given an antibiotic and we are hoping she sleeps well tonight and wakes up feeling better so that our last day here in San Diego will be a good one. There, it felt good to get that off my chest. And, the thing I am learning here is everything is an adventure with kids, you never know what's gonna happen do ya!

3 comments:

krystin said...

oh, cyndi! you have officially renewed my birth control prescription with that story! j/k, i love your kiddos and i'm sure mine will be the same and we'll all sit around and laugh one day...

we will pray for you guys tonight. hope you have a great day tomorrow! love you.

Diana said...

Yep, never. NEVER!
Oh, but what a good mom and a good sport you are.
Praying your last day is the best saved!

carolyn said...

Now, this is an excuse for Scott to take you on a vacation by yourselves (babysitting complements of grandma and auntie katie, I am volunteering them for you).Hope today is better!