Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Monchhichi


There are very few things that I am sentimental about. But, My Grandma Burnett has these two monkey dolls at her house that she has had since we were little kids and we always played with them when we went to stay there! I still want to take them home with me when I go to visit because they remind me of her and I don't get to see her very much. Anyways...I about jumped for Joy in the middle of the grocery store today (yes the grocery store) as I walked by an aisle of Monchhichi dolls. I am so excited and hope I have the diligence to keep mine as long as my grandma has. I might even let it sleep next to me tonight for old time sake!

6 comments:

Diana said...

Cyndi, that's so precious! A tradition to carry on, maybe someday your grandchildren will be reminded of you in the very same way. XO!

carolyn said...

You know what is so funny about this is that I never knew they were called "monchichi" but I did think it was great that all the kids were playing with them when we visited Grandma and Grandpa a few weeks ago!

Ana said...

I remember my Monchichi doll! It was so soft,cute and cuddly!Making memories and traditions is something I really enjoy too!

krystin said...

How'd you get that picture of my husband to put on your blog? LOL! This is probably what our kid will look like!!! :D

Kristie said...

I'm not gonna lie Cyndi...it looks a little creepy to me...hehe

Brock, Esther, Reagan and Samuel said...

I almost bought a Monchhichi too! Our Vons had them just as I was walking out and I didn't have time to get back in line to buy it...if they are there again, you better believe one is hitching a ride to Casa de Sheets!!