Thursday, August 21, 2008

It's been a while since my last post, because (I do graphics) & have been working day and night on a brochure for a new make-up line. It was a super fun project. I usually do Church Graphics and random side jobs, but this project was different than the norm and super fun, but time consuming. So now that I have my first "normal" day I wanted to chime in.

Last night was one of those nights where I walked away from church with a refreshed sense of purpose for my ministry. Scott and I have been working with the youth at our church for almost a year now. It has been so amazing and we feel so blessed that God has used us in this way. I will admit it has been tiresome at times as Scott also runs his own Chiropractic office which demands much of his time. But, the rewards outweigh the stresses!

We had a guest speaker come last night. He is a family friend who I always viewed as "little Matt" because he was always this squishy cheeked lil guy and the baby in his family. He is now a director in New Zealand for YWAM. Anyways, it was so neat to see how he has become this Man of God. 

In part of his message he talked about Jesus healing the Blind Man and here's what stuck in my mind...

It seems like "God's Love" has been a theme in my life right now. One of my fave verses right now is Ephesians 3:19 "to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge, that you may be filled with the fullness of God." God loves people sooo much and we need love people the way he does. In the passage in Mark where Jesus healed the blind man, is also where he said, let the little children come unto me. In both instances he stopped what he was doing to show his love. To touch someone in need. It was a good reminder to me. I had to ask myself, am I loving people the way Jesus does. There are so many people in need of his touch. And, we are equipped to bring that to a people in need. Here is a picture from last night that will be etched in my mind. These are the people we are called to bring the love of Christ to right now and I pray that God will continually show me ways, and opportunities to bring the love of Christ to other. To help them understand His love and be transformed by it!




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow Cyndi! That pic really makes me miss the kids even more. It looks like you guys have grown so much. It's funny cause my youth group and I have been talking about God's love. And I really liked how you said Jesus would stop what He was doing just to love someone, to give them a touch.

Ana said...

That's awesome !So wonderful you get to be a part of their lives.