Sunday, September 21, 2008

Apparently my kids think I work for them. (I have no idea where they got that idea!)

We have had a few sickie poos around here this weekend. And you moms know how not fun that is! Anyways, my son takes after a certain somebody in our house (who shall remain nameless) when it comes to being sick. This morning he woke up with a world of requests...after I carried him to watch Dora ON THE COUCH, and changed his diaper and got his Juice, and found the RIGHT Dora (he had a specific one in mind) and got the RIGHT blanket, and he seemed all comfy and happy, I proceeded to sit down on the couch. And, he says to me "No, your not done yet...you forgot my pillow!" It was then that I had an epiphany...this kid thinks I work for him. Then I just laughed and thought, well I guess I do. And, you know what...I love it. Kids are so precious and I wouldn't trade being a mom for anything. My husband and I were talking last night about a portion in 1 Timothy that talks about our roles as men & women and how that God has designed us the way we are to fulfill certain tasks. I am so glad that this is the role he has for me and I want to strive to do it the best that I can. I took a picture of nathan once he was perfectly satisfied this morning....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are a good mom. One of these days Nathan will appreciate all that you've done for him. If not, let him read this blog... hehe

Chris @ Come to the Table said...

He is so cute Cyndi!

And you are so right...God has designed us as women for a specific role and when we truly understand what that is biblically, we find such freedom and joy.

Blessings to you! It is so fun to see you and Carolyn as mommys.