Thursday, February 19, 2009

For the cooking impaired!

Okay Girls, I am not one for sharing recipes, because well...my husband would be happy with a turkey sandwich for dinner every night (I know, don't be hatin'). But, this recipe looked really yummy and I gave it a try. Its super easy, quick and soooo yummy! I substituted with Ground Turkey instead of beef cause thats how we roll. But try it out and let me know if you like it!


Ingredients

1 lb. ground beef
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Tomato Soup (Regular or 25% Less Sodium)
1/2 cup salsa
1/2 cup water
6 flour tortillas (6-inch) , cut into 1-inch pieces
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
Print
Share
Save This Recipe
Cooking Instructions

Cook the beef in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat until it's well browned, stirring often. Pour off any fat.

Stir the soup, salsa, water, and tortillas in the skillet and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cook for 5 minutes or until the beef mixture is hot and bubbling. Stir the beef mixture. Top with the cheese.

Creamy Mexican Fiesta: Stir in 1/2 cup sour cream with the soup.

Ranchero Style: Use corn tortillas instead of flour tortillas and shredded Mexican cheese blend instead of Cheddar.

Serving Suggestion: Serve with a mixed green salad with Italian salad dressing and corn-on-the-cob. For dessert serve store bought flan.

2 comments:

Misty Portland said...

I've made this while being here....it is sooo good. I have to use flour tortillas though...

Dawn said...

yum-o Cyndi! Looks good! I am gonna make it for my family!